Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Who Moved My Cheese?

Wheeerrre is the remote for the TV? The box to be exact. You know, the thing the federal government made necessary and thankfully paid for? We cant watch TV without it and it is missing. (There are no buttons on the actual box)

That was yesterday, 8pm, Dancing with the Stars time!! The remote had been missing for three days at this point and I hadn't really missed it yet, but now I had joined in the search. Reaching in couch crevices, a dangerous job around here as some of you know, looking through toy boxes and play kitchen cabinets. I even called mom to see if she had seen the kids playing with it when she babysat on Friday. J had already called her on Sunday, and no, she didn't remember anything. We asked the kids many many times if they had by any chance been playing with it. Nope. This would be remote number 2 that we had to replace, number 1 had been added to the silverware basket in the dishwasher while we weren't looking at gotten really really clean.Then, brainstorm. E's favorite game of all time. Packing "bags" of "things". Loading diaper bags for her babies. Gathering things for school. Preparing for a trip to Hawaii. It doesn't matter, her bags are always packed and at the ready. There is no plan or rhyme or reason behind the content- usually they are the most miscellaneous assortment of things that take fooorrrrreeevvver to sort back out into the correct places and put away. I often tell her not to put away bags of things without first unpacking them, or she wont know where things are when she wants them. It was 8pm, but I snuck into their room. E was still awake. I opened the cupboard door and looked through the top bags. Nothing. I whispered to E what I was doing. Silence. Then, "You know, I think I do remember seeing the remote in a bag. I think S put it in one. Look in the baby drawer in the red bag." ? I opened the drawer, pulled out a red mini gift bag. Inside was a hard rectangle shape wrapped all up in a baby bib and fastened closed with tape. E started talking, "I think S did that. I just remembered". Smile. "It's OK, E. I think maybe you did this and it's OK that you forgot, but let's not blame S. (He does his own share of re-organizing family belongings) Goodnight, honey"
Whoohoo! I finished unwrapping the remote as J walked in the door from class. We laughed when we saw the addition of several yards of dental floss wrapped around it as well. So E!
Now. Has anyone seen the package of cream cheese? After breakfast I couldn't find it. Just the outer paper box. No foil package of easily moldable and certainly soon to be stinky cream cheese. Where is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment