Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Easter

True confessions. I had wonderful plans for reading the story of the resurrection to E a little each day, beginning with Palm Sunday. We did read Palm Sunday and we colored palm branches. And then. Well, all I can remember is that I got out the cute "Easter" decorations, you know, the little plastic eggs that we trimmed with matching felt pieces and transformed into little animals like an owl, skunk and mouse. I am such a sucker for these springy crafts. And the next thing I knew as I was facing the end of the week I was:
  • taking the kids to mass egg hunts in town
  • boiling 5 dozen eggs for family dyeing
  • organizing three different egg hunts
  • taking a rare all-day shopping trip for necessary dance attire
  • making a last minute trip to town for "one more" Easter basket goodie
  • staying up until after midnight making scratch cinnamon rolls for the first time
  • cooking food for family dinners
  • assembling treats that were both dessert and kid crafts
It took me a week to recover. It seems that these things are just enough to upset the already delicate balance of work, housework, childcare and now.... blogging. I see how I go a little crazy with wanting holidays to be so super memorable and perfect for the kids.... Next year, though, particularly for Easter- I hope to keep a firmer hold on what we are really celebrating....

No comments:

Post a Comment