Monday, April 18, 2011

Quirky

My morning mommy devotions the other day encouraged us to appreciate the quirkiness in our kids. Quirky? We have no shortage of quirky around here! I wouldn't even know where to begin... would it be the three year old boy that loves his new space themed bedding set, but won't actually sleep in it? Or the six year old that sleeps on top of her top flat sheet but refuses to sleep under it or have it removed? Or the colored sippy cups lids that have to be mis-matched to the cups or the cream cheese that has to be spread with precision accuracy on the bagels or the side-sitting posture on the dining table chairs or the playing cover-my-ears-and-get-food-in-my-hair while we eat? I could list allot more.... most of the time I do appreciate such individual expressions of dictatorship- I mean personality. Sometimes...sometimes I might wish for a little more flexibility. I don't think its in their genes though...

If E had been covering her eyes this would have been similar to a famous picture featuring monkeys. Silly, quirky kids...

....who got the biggest kick out of their little Aprils Fools Day joke on their daddy.
Frozen milk anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment