Sunday, May 11, 2014

And mooorrre playgrounds...

We may be the only American family to travel Germany from playground to playground.
(no, I know we aren't from reading other mommy blogs about this area of Germany.  "Here is where you will find the castle.  The free parking is slightly outside of the city.  Public bathrooms are $.50 and the PLAYGROUNDS are located here___ here___ and here__)
And I know I have already mentioned our fun times discovering various new parks.  Ziplines, sand pulleys, extreme sport climbing structures and super high slides abound.  We have been so grateful for these fun spots to visit and the weather that has allowed us so much outside time.
I have mentioned, we love the "exercise park", with its obstacle course and calisthenic equipment.
You have seen the zipline video and these are at several more parks we frequent.
Another favorite is a disk style swing suspended from four corners that is woven and allows for laying down and/or piling multiple people on.

The wildpark recently completed this fantastic castle themed play structure.

It has rooms with themes and little toys.


Huge slides, multiple levels including a basement underground and is a perfect place for losing small children... I mean...for the kid in all of us...
Truthfully, though, the place is kind of a nightmare.  It is impossible to have a visual on any child at any vantage point and having already lost Landon once at this Wildpark, I prefer not to do that again.  So far, though, there is enough attraction that he stays inside the "boundary".  And I roam it catching glimpses of one of my four occasionally.....

This particular playground was a find of Opa and Oma. 
I really like all the climbing and balance options, so great for working on gross motor skills!

My theory is, and maybe I already mentioned this, that the culture here may not be as prone to lawsuits over say an injury occurring, because these awesome structures are not exactly of the OSHA standards we might expect in Oregon! :) No rails!


But they do the job, at the end of the day we have met the objective:

No comments:

Post a Comment